The “planned surprise” that happened last weekend was absolutely fantastic! Courtney came and we were livin the dream to the max! The Bo-Ba Sisterhood had started years ago when we were still in Rhode Island and Chrissy and Jessie came to visit us. There, over Malibu Rum shots at Uno’s…well…it was the start of something beautiful! Although Jessie and Chrissy couldn’t make it (no worries, there is a full-on Bo-Ba reunion brewing in Disney World or Austin…), I think Courtney and I would have made them proud! From making a huge scene in the Houston Hobby airport (hugging, screaming…you get the drift), to dancing the night away at Rebels Honky Tonk (clearly we both were born with boots on our feet!), it was most definitely a memorable weekend - to be repeated often! :) I just love that girl!
I was talking to mom the afternoon that Courtney left and she asked if I had any plans for the rest of the week or the next weekend. I told her that I didn't, and she simply said "well...even better! You'll be able to be surprised!" hmmm...how often do I actually see or acknowledge the surprises that come my way? Well - this week, that was my goal! To keep my eyes open to all of the "surprises" that popped up. aaaaaaaand here they are!
- SO at peace with life and where I am! :)
- Talked with a grown up about grown up things! (it's amazing how you crave "grown up" conversation when you're working with Junior High kids all the time. Seriously - a typical conversation with the JH kiddo's is arguing who is cutest: Justin Bieber or Taylor Lautner...ugh - clearly they haven't seen enough of Matthew Mcconaughey....he is the KING of "livin the dream" - um, "j.k. livin" anyone?? jklivin.com)
- Help a kid understand a little more about what it means to receive his First Communion and that his friendship with Jesus doesn’t stop there.
- Free Pastry day at Starbucks! HOLLA!!! (it’s the simple thingsJ)
- Interview kids who are in RCIA and being renewed in my own Faith life
- Had a long overdue girls night complete with cooking, ritas, Jenga and a movie
- Asked for a Grande Shaken Green Lemonade Iced Tea from Starbucks and got a Venti! :)
- Got some new ideas on how to spoof up my my lil place (oooh, just WAIT for pictures!)
- Started this new week off right with the lady at the Dry Cleaners who told me, in her melodious British accent: "have a beautiful day, love"
That was my week! Nothing huge, but I've learned that when I live with my eyes open to the little things of every day, it makes life all the more entertaining and full of joy!
On another note. This is just the *groaner* for the week. I was all excited on Saturday because I made a new necklace that I saw on Marthastewart.com (P.S. I'm a newly christened Martha Stewart fan....) and of course I thought it was absolutely AMAZING so I wore it out that day to run around on my errands. Well....I was all proud of it and the girls at Bath and Body Works were like "oh, girl, I just love your necklace!" "thanks....I - - I made it! :) " "For real girl!? That's awesome! You should sell them or something!" clearly I started getting a big head and bursting with pride "oh yeah?" "yeah! You know, it's like one of those neclaces that old lady's would buy - it's all crafty and stuff..." "*ahem* yeah, y-y-you're right...." .....ugh.....
**see?? It's not so bad....right?? um...maybe it's cooler in person? okay....it is kind of grandmaish....*sigh*
I love the necklace... I've been looking everywhere for a black one like that. Can I commission you? AWESOME!
ReplyDeleteLOVE your blog and am so glad you're writing it.
LOVE you. (lot's of love in this post)