Soooo….a lot has happened since the last time I blogged. I’ve crossed off a few more things from my list, added a few things and have pretty much been livin the dream…with joy, of course! There have definitely been the ups and downs, but somehow I made it through…ALIVE! Definitely no small feat! I’ll have to write a catch-up blog someday soon, and get ready, because it will be pretty amazing, but for now, there’s just something that has been on my mind that I wanted to share…
Right now I’m in the midst of reading Harry Potter. Yes, I have jumped on that bandwagon and am thoroughly enjoying the ride! Due to the fact that the nature of the book is wizardry, I really can’t predict what’s coming. Every turn of the page is a new idea, a new dilemma, a new celebration, a new mystery. When I start reading, I know I have to block off hours at a time because once I start, I simply won’t stop! I have refused to watch any of the movies because I have heard that many of the movies leave out important details and, to quote Arrowsmith, “I don’t wanna miss a thing”. (dang it, now that song is going through my head right now and I’ve been staring at the computer screen for 5 minutes, just singing that song to myself – complete with my pencil as the microphone, obviously! Focus Trish….focus…). So while I’m reading, I want to get to the next chapter as fast as I can because I want to know what’s going to happen, obviously! But I know that I can’t skip anything otherwise I’ll miss an important detail and something won’t make sense later on. Each chapter builds on another and the details percolate throughout all 7 books (for those of you who are wondering, that’s a total of 4,175 pages…and I plan on reading all of them.), so I really can’t miss anything otherwise I’ll be lost.
The same goes with life.
Right now, I’m living a very unique chapter. Single, have a great job, wonderful friends, pretty independent…things are looking up for the T-Bod! But…(yes, you know there’s always a “but”) when will the next chapter come?? It can be easy to get anxious about what is next, always looking for the next “big thing” in my life, wondering when it will happen; and to be honest, that’s totally fine and normal – ya gotta have a little hope in life! But just like reading, if I focus too much on what’s going to happen instead of what’s happening right now, I might miss something. And just like reading, each chapter needs to be “read” (lived) to the full – there’s no speed reading, no skimming, and no skipping around because everything in the chapter is important and will make sense and come into play later on. So, right now, I’m content. No, I’m more than content, I’m happy. Knowing that the plot is still unfolding, I’m anxious and excited to see what will happen and where the Author of my life is headed.
So, read on!
No comments:
Post a Comment